Land Rovers are a premium and luxurious SUV brand. They’re great vehicles and loved by many, even by famous celebrities. Just like any other car, Land Rovers have their fair share of mechanical issues. Some problems can arise even with proper car maintenance. Here are some of the common Land Rover problems we’ve had to fix at New Concept Auto Service.
- Oil Leaks - When you spend a lot of money on a Land Rover, the last thing you want is for it to leak oil. Oil changes may be cheap, but they add up over time. Many Land Rover owners face head gasket failures and heater core leaks as a result of poor maintenance habits. They can occur before the vehicle hits 60,000 miles.
- Sunroof Water Leaks - Sunroofs are nice, aesthetic accessories. However, they can have problems too. A common problem with Land Rovers is sunroof leaks, typically caused by clogged drains.
- Emergency Brake Problems - The e-brake, or parking brake, is an important component that should be engaged every time you park your Land Rover. Unfortunately, many owners have reported screeching sounds every time they engage the e-brake.
- Failing Air Springs - The air springs that are outfitted on your Land Rover can develop leaks over time. It can make your drive very uncomfortable, cause drifting, and accelerate tire wear.
- Airbag Malfunction - Even though the Land Rover is equipped with high-tech safety features, they aren’t completely resistant to wear and tear. Sometimes, wiring can trip this system up. If your Land Rover’s sensor goes off or airbags deploy at the wrong time, make sure to have this corrected right away.
If you have any concerns about the above issues with your Land Rover, please do not hesitate to visit the experts at New Concept Auto Service for help. We look forward to seeing you!