Spring is here, and for many people, that means spring cleaning! While you pick up things around the house, you should consider freshening up your Volkswagen too. We’ve got some trusted tips on how to properly wash your Volkswagen.
While you may be ready to jump right in, there are some tips that you should keep in mind when washing your car yourself. Follow these tips, and your car will be sparkling clean!
- Make sure to get your hard-to-reach areas, including the tires, grille, and underbody. The Kansas winter was probably tough on your Volkswagen, and debris and dirt could've built up in these areas. Be sure to put some elbow grease into it when you wash these parts.
- Always dry with a microfiber cloth. Please remember to use a soft material that won’t scratch the vehicle. Sure – an old t-shirt or towel may be a quick grab, but those fabrics can end up damaging your Volkswagen’s paint.
- Wipe down mirrors, windshields, and other glass surfaces. Now is the time to get rid of the smudges and fingerprints on these surfaces. A simple glass cleaner will do the trick!
- Avoid using dish soap, detergent, or other household cleaners on your car. Many people like to take the easy route when it comes to at-home car washes. Unfortunately, these soaps are extremely harsh and can strip your car’s outer layer. Please opt for a vehicle soap instead.
- Vacuum the floor mats, rugs, and trunk. The interior of the car is just as important as the outside. We encourage you to vacuum the crumbs, dust, debris, and other stuff out of these spots.
We hope you knock out your spring cleaning with ease with these helpful car cleaning tips. If your Volkswagen needs some freshening up with spring maintenance or repairs, look no further than the professionals at New Concept Auto Center! Please give us a call or schedule an appointment online with our professionals today.